A Scent is Full of Memories

     Do you ever stop in your tracks when you smell a familiar scent? Nothing gross but like a smell that triggers a memory even a memory that you didn't realize was still stored up in that cranium of yours. The smell of an old book that made you feel like an explorer, a sweet scent mixed with a rustic woodsy aura or a scent of a perfume that gave you all the happiest memories that you can't find a duplicate of because it's a rare perfume. 
    The latter happened to me today, I was trifling through my old high school photos and I found a photo of a perfume bottle that I was obsessed with as a teenager during my transition from pre-teen to teen and my first time having friends and I was able to express myself through fashion. Fast forward to age 28 and I am still unable to find a duplicate of this perfume scent and the closest I found was Anna Sui's, "Forbidden Affair" how melancholy poetic that name is. Also, it came in a cool bottle. 
     Perfume has been around since ancient Egypt and the earliest written word, "perfumare" meaning "to smoke through." Perfume has been used for medicinal properties to today's uses for men and women as a signature scent and a reflection of how we are. 
     There has even been speculation amongst people and paranormal occult researchers that believe that perfumes are a form of a love potion and that a scent can be distributed by a ghost to take you to a piece of their memory or sign that they are there. 
    What do you think? Smell is one of our 5 Senses of the Human Body. Is it a psychological issue or does perfume hold a more supernatural property than we thought? 
    Also, in case you were wondering about the perfume I was talking about, this is the one. Emily the Strange's "NeeChee's Nightmare" and distributed by Hot Topic, eons ago. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Atomic Pink Wig!

My Blog is FINALLY WORKING